Re: Palm conectivity

On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 02:40, Keith O'Connell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to be pointed to information about getting my Palm M505 connected to my PC. I have gone through the list of packages and the only ones I can find in Woody require a serial port connection and my
> Palm has a USB cradle.
>
> I would like to stay within Woody if possible (novice comfort zone). I have managed to do away with the Palm applications that require a Windows component, but the one I would like to replicate on Linux is the Avant-Go web service. Has this been done?

First, modprobe visor. Then, whenever you press the hotsync button, two
USB serial ports will magically appear. The second port is the one you
use for hotsyncing. If you're using devfs, then the ports will be
/dev/usb/tts/0 and /dev/usb/tts/1.

My wife uses jpilot with her USB Handspring. The only thing you have to
remember is to press the hotsync button before you try to start up the
sync.

--
Dave Carrigan
Seattle, WA, USA