Re: Palm conectivity

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 06:40, Keith O'Connell wrote:

> > > I put /dev/usb/tts/1 into the "Serial port entry" and tried a
> > > backup. Jpilot responded with;
> > >
> > > 	pi_bind illegal seek
> > > 	Check your serial port and settings
> > > 	exiting with status -10

What version of jpilot, and what version of pilot-link do you have?
Earlier versions of pilot-link don't work all that well with the m505s,
but the 0.10 and higher versions work pretty well. You could also try a
command-line experiment to get jpilot out of the picture. Hit the
hotsync button, then run the command

  pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB1 -b /tmp

This should backup all of the m505's databases into /tmp.

--
Dave Carrigan
Seattle, WA, USA