I get debian-user from gmane.org via noffle in gnus

> as all this is costing me money, i.e. modem time.

Jay> Get the digests. Saves bytes on your HD, or delete the posts that you don't
Jay> need (I do that, I don't always need to know about DNS configuration).

Sounds like a labor intensive method.  Anyway, I bet with such brief
connections to the internet,

# connect-time-summary -l #get it on my website
Jul 12 06:05:00   18.8 mn
Jul 12 12:13:09    9.1 mn
Jul 12 16:58:40    9.1 mn
Jul 12 18:15:47   19.4 mn
Jul 13 04:51:00   19.4 mn
Jul 13 07:41:52    9.0 mn
Jul 15 05:29:09   19.2 mn
Jul 15 13:09:43    9.1 mn
Jul 16 03:24:23    9.1 mn #a new coin drops ever 10 min, hence the 9's

I would go nuts downloading debian-user from my ISP's POP box,
popsneaker [never tried] or not, therefore, thank heavens I found
gmane.org where I use noffle to get debian-user from, and read it with
gnus.

What gets me is lists.debian.org makes it look like the only way to
read the debian lists is the old fashioned painful way, i.e. bury your
POP box.  Therefore lists.debian.org should mention gmane.org .
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780