Re: building pine and stale dpkg entries

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 11:53:52PM -0700, ben wrote:
| On Tuesday 16 July 2002 10:59 pm, Osamu Aoki wrote:
| > On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 07:17:03PM -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

| > > pn  pine-tracker   <none>         (no description available)
| >
| > This is the one to use.
| >
| [snip--no disrespect intended]
|
| i thought that pine got tossed out of debian due to licensing
| issues. am i working with a huge misconception here? anybody got the
| goods on the issue?

There are no pine binaries in debian's repository.  There is a source
package, which you can compile for yourself, and (apparently) a
program that will track updates (somewhere, I suppose it looks to see
if a new source package is available and notifies you or something).
I don't personally use pine.

-D

--
Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for;
through the fear of the Lord a man avoids evil.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/