Re: adsl in Brazil

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 10:24:12AM -0300, Klaus Imgrund wrote:

| i got an adsl connection with Telecom Brasil.The trouble there is that
| if the connection drops it doesn't get reestablished ok.
| I got a greatspeed router that is supplied by the ISP.That connects to
| eth0 and establishes the connection with the ISP.Problem is that there
| is some homemade software from the ISP in the router; the only thing i
| can setup is my password.
| And they wont tell anybody how that thing works either.
| When the connection drops and is reestablished it always gets it wrong;
| the packets arrive in the wrong order.
| The answers to a ping to the router come back like:
| seq0-5 is ok at about 0.8 ms
| seq11-16     at about 12 sec.
| seq6-10      at about 0.8 ms
|
| I did go google.Did try several dhcp-clients and also without a
| client.No change at all.
| Does anybody know where i could get some info on the setup of that
| thing?

I'm sorry Klaus, but it looks like there is something wrong with the
hardware or firmware in that router your ISP provided you with.  I'm
afraid I can't help you with it.

-D

--
The remote desktop feature of Windows XP is really nice (and *novel*!).
As a Microsoft consultant can *remotely* disable the personal firewall

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/