Re: spamd (spamassassin) could not start

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 10:18:03AM +0800, Willy S wrote:
| * Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org) wrote:
| > That indicates that spamd's default port, 783, is in use. Try 'netstat
| > -anp | grep 783' as root (-p only works as root) to find out what
| > program's using it.
| Your guess is the same as SA mailing list, that port 783 is being
| used. I have tried to scan it, but nobody use that port.

Don't "scan" it (I presume you are referring to nmap), use netstat.

| > You can also pass the -p option to spamd to change the port number,
| > although you'll then have to pass the same option to spamc.
| I have tried to run it under a different port, but it still
| produce the same error msg "bind: Cannot assign requested address at
| /usr/sbin/spamd line 135"

What port?  Only root can bind to ports <= 1024.  Are you trying to
bind to such a port as a non-root user?

-D

--
The light of the righteous shines brightly,
but the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/