Re: spamd (spamassassin) could not start

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 10:32:00PM +0800, Willy S wrote:
> I have been using spamassassin for about a week. I found it very
> effective against SPAM, but I find that the filtering process take a
> lot of time to process a single mail. In the spamassassin.org they
> advice us to use spamd to make the filtering process faster. But I
> cant load spamd.
>
> As a root if I run spamd it will come out this message:
>
> bind: Cannot assign requested address at /usr/sbin/spamd line 135.

That indicates that spamd's default port, 783, is in use. Try 'netstat
-anp | grep 783' as root (-p only works as root) to find out what
program's using it.

You can also pass the -p option to spamd to change the port number,
although you'll then have to pass the same option to spamc.