Re: At peace with Debian (was: This is the last war...)

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

Add to the mix a fragment of a conversation amongst a group of girls
(at least for the high school and college age groups) where they refer
to an all-female or mixed-gender group as "guys" (eg "Hey you guys,
...").

I'm all for politness and practicality over political correctness.

I agree. Instead of changing the language, we should change how we
perceive the word 'he'. The simplest solution is to have a generic
word and, how convenient, we already have one. Small drawback is that some people can't stand the fact that it used to be the masculine pronoun, but perhaps those people don't deserve any attention anymore anyway.

--
Ivo