Re: At peace with Debian (was: This is the last war...)

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 05:24:39PM -0700, David Wright wrote:
> Guess what: no matter how much you agonized over it when you were young
> first discovered feminism, you can't eliminate the "generic masculine"
> construction in English without distracting your reader or being wrong.

So let's improve English so that you can (not necessarily using a plural
form; other ways have been suggested). It's not like it's a dead
language, after all.

(Yes, I know, this is a "go ahead and try it and see how far you get"
question, but surely we are a group that tries to fix things rather than
work around them? :) Excuse me while I go and tilt at this windmill over
here ...)