Re: Java on Debian..

Never mind.  /me retarded..  Shoulda searched the list archive first...

Sorry,
Leo

Leo Spalteholz wrote:

Hi,
I'm running Debian Woody and want to install the JRE 1.4 from sun.. I got the .bin file from the sun website and installed it according to the instructions there.. I also set up the alternatives according to the debian-java-faq. However, when I try to run "java" from the command line, it gives me the following error:

Error: failed /usr/local/java14/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so, because libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so:3 in /usr/lib.. How can I get it to use that instead? Or what should I do here?

Thanks,
Leo