Re: Where is Debian going?

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 19:06:55 +0100
"Colin Watson" <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

> The names are not completely set in stone (hey, testing was only
> introduced recently - although I suspect that it's rather more
> complicated than just a few symlinks to change),

Maybe I'm missing something but testing appears to be nothing more than a
symlink.  From ftp.debian.org:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 1176     1176            5 Dec 15  2001 testing -> woody

So, how could changing it be more than just a symlink?  That is unless
some tools are hardcoded expecting these names.

--
Jamin W. Collins