Re: Where is Debian going?

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 09:32:28AM -0700, David De Graff wrote:
> I thought that Debian was an open group, interested in any
> well-intentioned, reasoned discussion aimed at improving the system
> and / or the experience of learning and using it.
>
> But if the discussion and suggestions that I and others have brought
> up based on our observations and experience are just 'whining' and
> 'bleating', maybe my first impression was confused.

It is an open group. I thought Ben was over-reacting quite a bit myself.

The names are not completely set in stone (hey, testing was only
introduced recently - although I suspect that it's rather more
complicated than just a few symlinks to change), but the only reason
they're really important is because of problems with the release cycle,
and I would say it's probably more important to work on fixing those.
This has been better articulated elsewhere in the thread, so I won't try
again myself.

I would urge everybody involved in this discussion who has some
technical skill to think about helping to fix a bug or two a day. Every
one improves the quality of the distribution that little bit.
http://qa.debian.org/ has some useful links.