Re: Where is Debian going?

On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 00:13, Shri Shrikumar wrote:

> I concur. The names testing and unstable give those distributions a
> "better not go there" feeling which in my opinion is unwarranted.

A 'better not go there unless you know what you are doing' feeling is
perhaps exactly what is intended by the names 'testing' and 'unstable'.
Right now testing is frozen and very, very well tested, being so close
to a release. But I suspect that with the integration of KDE 3, XFree
4.2 and Gnome 2 into testing, it will really deserve it's name.

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                         http://fortytwo.ch/gpg