Digital Cameras

I am interested in getting a digital camera to put
some pictures on some websites.  I'd like a completely
Debian based solution.  (I expect to move to woody soon.)

The Sony CD Mavica MVC-CD250 is appealing because
it seems that I can read the pictures on any
/dev/cdrom.  This is correct, I'm sure, but are
there gotcha's?

I like the Nikon Coolpix 2500 because of the swivel
lens.  The Nikon uses Compactflash.  I don't know
about getting the pictures out of the camera or
cf card into Linux.

I don't know about the file/filesystem/cdrom formats
or communications cables/protocols that digital cameras use.

Any success stories or pointers to pertinent info
appreciated.

rob                     Live the dream.