Re: two CST timezones

Stephen Gran wrote:

> This one time, at band camp, Michael D. Schleif said:
> >
> > Stephen Gran wrote:

> > > man tzconfig
> > > This will allow you to set your timezone correctly.
> >
> > Which version do you have?  Mine has no manpage and I cannot determine
> > from which DEB it comes . . .
> Sorry about that - faulty memory on my part.
>
> The man page is actually tzselect, which talks some about tzconfig.
> tzconfig and friends come from libc6:
> dpkg -S tzconfig
> libc6: /usr/sbin/tzconfig
>
> tzselect is fairly straight forward, IIRC, though.  Try it and see.  If
> you have any problems, write back.

Interesting!

These appear to be the op's options:

[1] China
east China - Beijing, Guangdong, Shanghai, etc.
TZ='Asia/Shanghai'

[2] China
Heilongjiang
TZ='Asia/Harbin'

[3] China
central China - Gansu, Guizhou, Sichuan, Yunnan, etc.
TZ='Asia/Chongqing'

[4] China
Tibet & most of Xinjiang Uyghur
TZ='Asia/Urumqi'

[5] China
southwest Xinjiang Uyghur
TZ='Asia/Kashgar'

These appear to be very straightforward -- gotta wonder what the problem
is ;<

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .