Re: two CST timezones

This one time, at band camp, Michael D. Schleif said:

> Stephen Gran wrote:

> > > Well thanks Vince.  Anybody have some constructive recommendations?
> > > How can I just make my machine call my timezone "+0800"?
> > > 1. I don't want to perform open heart surgery on my machine to do
> > > this. It must not be anymore deeper than "apt-get install gawk;
> > > apt-get remove mawk"
> > > 2. will it break anything if my timezone now isn't 3 letters?
> > man tzconfig
> > This will allow you to set your timezone correctly.
>
> Which version do you have?  Mine has no manpage and I cannot determine
> from which DEB it comes . . .
Sorry about that - faulty memory on my part.

The man page is actually tzselect, which talks some about tzconfig.
tzconfig and friends come from libc6:
dpkg -S tzconfig
libc6: /usr/sbin/tzconfig

tzselect is fairly straight forward, IIRC, though.  Try it and see.  If
you have any problems, write back.

Steve
--
Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent.