debian 2.2 setup program

Hi there

Today I attempted an install of Debian 2.2 on an Intel box with 4 drives.  The box
had two SCSI disks and two IDE disks.  When I started the install, I selected my
root partition to be '/dev/sda1' and my swap to sit on the same drive also, but
when the install asked me about LILO, it showed the hda device and appeared
to have installed to that.

Is it possible at all to recover the remaining files on the IDE disk? I'm assuming the
superblock and all copies have been overwritten with mke2fs but the data is
still sitting there somewhere. (the partition layout is the same as before)

Regards
Tim

Tim Kent
Systems Administrator