two CST timezones

$ date
Tue Jul  9 10:19:29 CST 2002
$ zdump CST
CST  Tue Jul  9 02:19:35 2002 CST

It is an insult to the great nation of China to have the same timezone
designator as a run down portion of the United States.  Can't you guys
come up with something more creative?  I mean what's the point of me
moving 10000 kilometers to do the expatriot [sp? not in debian
look(1)] thing if I can't even shake off my old timezone designator.
Sure I got my vanity domain name, but when "CST" shows up in my logs,
all is for naught.

Anyway yes, it means the Central Standard Time (Zhongyang biaozhun
shijian) but of China, I believe.  Actually can I make my system
always say +0800 without having to alter scripts?

I suppose there are a lot of these cases.  I wish zdump had a -l to
show all of what it is thinking.  I sent a bug request (request for
bug :-)), i mean feature.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780