Have to start dhcpcd manually since upgrade

Hi; i have a cable modem hookup for the internet and have been using dhcpcd.
I am running unstable, though probably will quit upgrading it and drop back to
testing once woody is released and things get sorted out.
Yesterday I did an upgrade which included dhcpcd.
Even though I followed directions and added
iface eth0 inet dhcp
to /etc/network/interfaces,
my dhcpcd won't start up on boot. I have to manually enter the "dhcpcd" command.
I also uncommented lines in the config as instructed.
What more do I need to do
to start this up on boot?
Here are the instructions I got when it upgraded and again whin I tried
"dpkg-reconfigure":

Incompatible changes have been made to the DHCPCD package.
Starting dhcpcd at boot time is no longer controlled by
/etc/dhcpc/config. Instead you will have to add a line like

iface eth1 inet dhcp

to /etc/network/interfaces.

DHCPCD will no longer update /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/ntp.conf
unless this is enabled in /etc/dhcpc/config. /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf
will still be updated even if changing /etc/resolv.conf is disabled.

The script which is run when an interface chages state has changed
name and calling convention. Please transfer any customisations you may
have from /etc/dhpdc/dhcpcd-<interface>.exe to /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd.exe

By the way, the only .exe file I have is dhcpcd.exe.

Thanks.

Cheryl