Re: Have to start dhcpcd manually since upgrade

Hi !

> Yesterday I did an upgrade which included dhcpcd.
> Even though I followed directions and added
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
> to /etc/network/interfaces,
> my dhcpcd won't start up on boot. I have to manually enter the
> "dhcpcd" command. I also uncommented lines in the config as
> instructed.

I had problems with dhcpcd also, in fact, I lost access to the net for
some days, until I figured out what was happening (mine is a desktop
box, no need to hurry for 24/7).

I found that after upgrade, /sbin/dhcpcd (a link to /sbin/dhcpcd-2.2.x)
was rendered a broken link, and /sbin/dhcpcd-2.2.x doesn't exist
anymore.
I also found the new files dhcpcd-bin and dhcpcd, this last renamed to
dhcpcd.orig. So I deleted the broken link and renamed dhcpcd.orig to
dhcpcd.

After rebooting, everything seemed to work OK again, and eth0 got up
properly. But when shutting down, I've seen some error messages like
"eth0: unable to signal thread", and I'm not sure what else is
happening now...

> By the way, the only .exe file I have is dhcpcd.exe.

You can browse the contents of the .deb package to see what files were
installed. The binary is dhcpcd-bin.

I hope this helps you, and I would like to receive others' opinions on
this, since I doubt this package got correctly installed.

--
Daniel Toffetti     ---     'There is no spoon...' - The Matrix
Running Debian Sid version 3.0 with Linux 2.4.13 i686