Comments on the new gnome-terminal.

Last night, while I was doing my nightly 'apt-get dist-upgrade', I caught the
new gnome-terminal package (2.0).  I can't help but saying that I think it
really stinks. :<

It grabbed this huge 100dpi font for the toolbar. There weren't nearly as many
configuration options as in the older version.  None of the fonts that I was
able to choose from looked "right".  The 'translucent background' option also
blurred the background image.  All in all, it was much, much uglier than the
earlier versions of gnome-terminal.

Since well over half of my time in front of a computer is spent looking at a
terminal, it MUST be somewhat appealing.  I know that there's only so much
that a designer can do with lines of text, but it seems like this new version
was such a step backwards as far as visual appeal goes.

I just had to get this off of my chest.  I'm interested in knowing if there
are other debianites out there that have similar feelings about the new
gnome-terminal.  I'm not saying that I'm switching to KDE (yet), but I am
greatly disappointed in this latest gnome app.

Cheers.