Problems adding extra packages to a PGI installer

I am trying to create a Debain installer with pgi 0.9.6.3. If I use the
base-conf configuration, everything works OK, but if I try a configlets
install, I get error messages about conflicts when pgi is trying to
figure out package dependencies:

---
python /usr/share/pgi/tools/pgi-calc-deps.py <
/root/./pgi-root/misc/extra_packages.in >
/root/./pgi-root/misc/extra_packages.tmp
BAD: Dep of defoma conflicts with approved package.
  Current dep alternatives:
    dialog
  Current stack contents:
    configlet-frontends
    python-configlet
    python-gnome
    libgnomeprint15
    libgnomeprint-data
    gs
    gs-common
    defoma
  Current approved packages:
    fileutils
    debconf
    debconf-utils
    libc6
    libncurses5
    psmisc
    discover-data
    libdiscover1
    ash
    discover
    grub
    libdb3
    libreadline4
    libssl0.9.6
    zlib1g
    python2.1
    python
    libglib1.2
    libgtk1.2-common
    debianutils
    xfree86-common
    libfreetype6
    xlibs
    libgtk1.2
    libjpeg62
    libpng2
    libtiff3g
    libgdk-pixbuf2
    python-gtk
    imlib-base
    libungif4g
    gdk-imlib1
    python-gdk-imlib
    libart2
    libaudiofile0
    esound-common
    libesd0
    libgnomesupport0
    gnome-libs-data
    libgnome32
    libgnomeui32
    cpp-2.95
    cpp
    libwrap0
    liborbit0
    libgnorba27
    libgnorbagtk0
    base-passwd
    gnome-bin
    libcapplet0
    libgal19
    libpopt0
    liboaf0
    libxml1
    oaf
    gconf
    libgconf11
    libgdk-pixbuf-gnome2
    libglade0
    libglade-gnome0
    libgnomeprint-bin
    libgimpprint1
    libpaperg
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/pgi/tools/pgi-calc-deps.py", line 303, in ?
    raise RuntimeError
---

Sorry for the long list, but I figured it might actually be relevant.
Does anybody know what I may be doing wrong? I have a local package
mirror, but it is far from complete. Could this be causing that error
message?

Thanks
--j