Re: moves dot files to different directory

"Henning, Brian" <brian.henning@navitaire.com> writes:
> I have the task of moving all my hidden files to another directory. how can
> i select only these files and not the standard files.
>
> ls .* doesn't seem to work.

Really?  It does for me (or at least 'ls -d .*').  'ls -a' will list
all files, even if their names begin with ..  You want to be a bit
careful trying to do this sort of thing, since both . (the current
directory) and .. (the parent directory) begin with . as well.

	-- Abra Mitchell