Re: Netscape & scrollmouse

David P James wrote:

>> Helgi Örn wrote:

>>> In my first mail I explained why I need Netscape 4.*,
>>> I use other browsers too. But when I need to use
>>> Netscape I would like to be able to use the
>>> scrollmouse as I am used to in other Linux
>>> distributions I have used before I moved to Debian.
>>>
>>> Cheers, Helgi Örn
>>>

>> Netscape 4.77 doesn't seem to support scroll wheels, at
>>  least not easily. (Oddly, when I first started using
>> linux I used Corel Linux and I was able to get the
>> scroll wheel to work for about 5 minutes at the
>> beginning of a Netscape session before it cut out on
>> me. I have no idea why and no idea what I did to get it
>> working at all, other than maybe shear luck) However,
>> Netscape is fairly customizable and there is a way
>> around it. I've snipped the relevant section from my
>> .Xdefaults file in my home directory. There is a lot
>> more than what I've appended, including entries to
>> disable blinking text and to replace the search button
>> with a google link, etc.
>>

> Ah, heck, here's the entire thing...

I didn't create this by myself, btw... I found it somewhere
on the internet, probably after a google search. My
bookmarks have got a few links, but they're mostly dead now :(

--
David P. James
Ottawa, Ontario

The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. Leonard McCoy, Star Trek IV