autodetect floppy filesystem type

I have a question about "floppies".  First, quaint, aren't they?  OK,
In /etc/fstab:
    /dev/fd0 /floppy auto defaults,user,noauto 0 0
But doesn't that mean that if I insert a "unformatted" or "scrambled"
floppy, it will fail auto detection as to what file system type it is
and one will not be able to proceed?  Wait, I see there's
fdformat(8), etc.

By the way, are most of the floppys out there "vfat" or "msdos" aside
from "linux rescue disks"?

Anyways, I have to see Chinese file names, so I used
    /dev/fd0 /floppy auto defaults,user,noauto,iocharset=cp950 0 0
But would this have adverse effects if the file system isn't vfat etc.?
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780