Re: local mirror -- again

> > > I've got three machines running here, and as I'm always toying around
> > > on two of them (meaning frequent re- installs) I finally wanted to
> > > create a local mirror. It's about time.  So I tried apt-move.

I have a pool of debian machines here too and wanted to have a local
cache.  I was pointed to apt-proxy.

  sudo apt-get install apt-proxy

Configure /etc/apt/apt-proxy.conf to proxy all of the directories that
you would normally download.  Then instead of going direct to the main
sites your client machines go to your proxy cache instead and it pulls
from the main areas.

This works great for me.  This is a specialized proxy just for deb
packages and therefore has some nice features compared to using a
squid proxy which is completely generic.

apt-proxy rocks!  Check it out!

Bob