Re: local mirror -- again

on Sun, Jun 16, 2002, Osamu Aoki (debian@aokiconsulting.com) wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 11:29:25PM +0200, schnobs@babylon-kino.de wrote:
> > I've got three machines running here, and as I'm always toying around
> > on two of them (meaning frequent re- installs) I finally wanted to
> > create a local mirror. It's about time.  So I tried apt-move.
>
> Unless you are rying to make your own CD image files, I recomment to use
> "squid" as proxy.  (Not in the sense of usual transparent proxy! I may
> have slightly different view on this.)
>
> Potential difference from Karsten's posting is:
>
> 1) I only use "squid" only for APT.
> 2) It is not transparent proxy but just for APT.
> 3) /etc/apt/apt.conf contain
>  Acquire::http::Proxy "http://gateway:3128/";;
>  where squid is running on "gareway" machine and listening at port 3128

Interesting, hadn't considered working it that way.  Might adopt that
elsewhere....

    On why IBM wins:  "IBM has been able to play the vendors off each
    other.  Sun and Microsoft hate each other, while Sun and Microsoft
    only hate IBM some of the time."
     -- James Governor http://news.com.com/2100-1001-912906.html?tag=fd_lede