Re: Why does Mozilla modify /etc/alternatives/netscape?

Em Sáb, 2002-06-08 às 01:26, Vineet Kumar escreveu:
> * Jeronimo Pellegrini (pellegrini@mpcnet.com.br) [020607 14:52]:
> > Two banks on which I have accounts, for example... One of them will only
> > allow IE or Netscape 4.*, and the other just won't work with Gecko (the
> > browser just dies after a certain applet is used).
> >
> > Bank #2 just doesn't care.
>
> Well, when I was in exactly the same situation, I put my money where my
> mouth was and told them they were losing my business and my money
> because of the problem, and I closed the account. Then I came back here
> and told everyone to stay away from that bank ("F" you, citibank!) I
> know your situation is probably different from mine, and you may have
> strong reasons to stay with the bank. They may listen better if you make
> sure they know it's a customer service issue rather than just a "tech
> support" issue.

Probably, like for me, just a brazilian problem: It is your employer who
chooses in which bank you must have an account, if you ant to get paid
of course.
This means that one of the accounts cannot be changed and usually it is
the worst possible.

Recently, because a lot of users complained that their site (netscape
4.x only) was not funcionnal under IE, they changed it, now it is IE5+
only! Just plainly stupid, and that is at least the second time they do
it, before Netscape 4.x only it was IE4+ only.

Seems to be related to the clueless developpers problem: trained (not
educated) mono-task devellopers.

Michel.