Re: Why does Mozilla modify /etc/alternatives/netscape?

Walter Reed <wreed@hubinternet.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 10:46:57AM -0400, Bruce wrote:
> > Unfortunately, many sites I need to access EXPRESSLY DO NOT WORK with Mozilla
> > or Netscape 6.0. These are unfortunately some of the most important sites I
> > need to access, including some online banking sites, subscription based legal
> > research sites, and others. They all work with Netscape 4.77. Most do not
> > work with Mozilla/Netscape 6.

<snip>
> First, contact the webmaster for these sites. They are HORRIBLY broken if they
> don't support mozilla at this stage. It's a w3c compliance thing. I find that
> when these sites are publicized, the Linux community gets active and the sites
> get fixed pretty quick.
<snip>

If the site is, in fact, not in compliance with standards, you can also
file a bug at http://bugzilla.mozilla.org under the Tech Evangelism
component. Someone at mozilla.org, who is more likely to be listened to,
should then contact the site's webmaster and politely ask him/her to fix
the html on the site.