Re: Why does Mozilla modify /etc/alternatives/netscape?

* Jeronimo Pellegrini (pellegrini@mpcnet.com.br) [020607 14:52]:
> Two banks on which I have accounts, for example... One of them will only
> allow IE or Netscape 4.*, and the other just won't work with Gecko (the
> browser just dies after a certain applet is used).
>
> Bank #2 just doesn't care.

Well, when I was in exactly the same situation, I put my money where my
mouth was and told them they were losing my business and my money
because of the problem, and I closed the account. Then I came back here
and told everyone to stay away from that bank ("F" you, citibank!) I
know your situation is probably different from mine, and you may have
strong reasons to stay with the bank. They may listen better if you make
sure they know it's a customer service issue rather than just a "tech
support" issue.

good times,
Vineet
--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume.shtml