Re: Debian: abandon ship?

>>"Ian" == Ian D Stewart <idstewart@compuvative.com> writes:

 Ian> And yes, I do find it condescending.  Particularly the reference to
 Ian> 'unwashed masses' and the general attitude of 'I have done this thing
 Ian> because it pleases me.  You should be content that I allow you to
 Ian> benefit from my labor.'

	So my motivation for working on free software (it pleases me,
 and provides me with a stable box I can use) is condescending? Am I
 now obligated to you for using my labour? Am I now to profess a
 desire to please you just because you use software that I built, even
 when the goal was never to please end users, but to get a nice
 software for me and my collaborators?

	If the choice is between condescension and false
 obsequiousness, I guess I shall indeed chose the former.

	manoj
--
 ... proper attention to Earthly needs of the poor, the depressed and
 the downtrodden, would naturally evolve from dynamic, articulate,