Re: Debian: abandon ship?

On 2002.06.05 09:32 Colin Watson wrote:

I hope you don't find this comment abusive. It's worth remembering
that
many developers are feeling under quite a lot of pressure right now,
because a large percentage of the more vocal users sometimes seem to
be
engaging in a "trash-the-developers campaign" with regard to the woody
release, and many of us have already put in just about as much work as
we possibly can to make it go smoothly; that's bound to make some
feathers a little ruffled.

Speaking only for myself, it was the condescending tone adopted by one of the developers (don't remember the fellow's name; he was the one ranting about about his $250,00/hr fee) more than the actual content that I found offensive. While stating that you don't give a rip about the users may be intelectually honest, one should not be surprised when such statements endanger userbase loyalty.

Ian