Re: OT: debian-beer (was Re: wrapping [was: Re: disable paragraphflows in mozilla?])

On Sat, 2002-05-25 at 08:37, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 04:46:29AM -0700, Craig Dickson wrote:
[snip]
> To make an observation, Americans have this bizarre superiority complex.
> Oregonians, and to a lesser degree, Idahoans, tend to look in from the

It's not a "bizarre" superiority complex.  May not be valid,
but certainly not "bizarre".  I can list 1,000 US accomplish-
ments, not the least of which is making sure that Aussies aren't
not speaking Japanese, and the Brits now speaking German.  (Yes,
you fought the Battle of Britain, but without the US Navy , for
all intents & purposes fighting the Battle of the Atlantic with
the Royal Navy well before 07-Dec-1941, Admiral Doenitz _would_
have starved you all into submission...)

And we computer geeks certainly can't forget the transistor,
the IC and the microprocessor...

Of course, domestic beer is _not_ one of those 1,000 US accomplish-
ments. :-o

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net     |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81 |
| "I have created a government of whirled peas..."        |
|   Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, 12-May-2002,                   |
!   CNN, Larry King Live                                  |