Re: OT: debian-beer (was Re: wrapping [was: Re: disable paragraph flows in mozilla?])

On Thu, 23 May 2002 08:56:05 +0930, Tom Cook wrote:

>On  0, Daniel Toffetti <dtoffe@softhome.net> wrote:
snip
>Oh boy, here comes a flame war...
>
><opinion source="what I've tasted">
>The Irish, without a shadow of a doubt, make the best beer in the
>world.  They are just damn good at it.  After them, and I am trying to

Guiness absolutely sets the standard, especially if you can find it on
tap and nitrogen charged.  I've been favorably impressed by some other
Irish beers (but not recently nor often enough to name names).

>be impartial here, we Australians do a damn good beer.  It's not

OK.  I won't judge by Foster's.  Certainly not an exemplar.

>exotic, it doesn't have bits floating in it, it's just cold, clean,
>smooth and refreshing.  Next, the Germans are very capable beer

German imports to the US are good to very good for the most part.
Haven't found an outstanding brew (yet).

>makers.  After that the whole world really goes to hell, with the
>French-speakers only not coming last because the Americans do.  As a

French and Italian beers certainly set the standard for just not getting
it.

Then we have the Belgians with Chimay.  Decant and serve with pork.
This is a perfect union of tastes.

What about the Dutch and their Grolsch?  It makes up for that salty
abomination, Heineken.  Try Grolsch with a grilled steak or roast beef.

With mutton, lamb or goat, let the black malt of Guiness be the perfect
counterpoint to the sweetness of the meat.

Sam Adams Boston Lager is my favorite for day to day sipping.

The Micro-Breweries rate from sublime to gawd-awful and can change
daily.

--
gt
Everything here could be wrong--Messiah's Handbook--Bach