wrapping [was: Re: disable paragraph flows in mozilla?]

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 03:40:47PM -0700, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> The reason most people
> suggest 72 is that traditionally, terminals are 80 characters wide, and
> 72 leaves enough room to be quoted with "> " four times.

Although I actually have a terminal (can't say I use it much though),
I sometimes wonder if email conventions should be derived from
limitations of such ancient hardware. In some sense, its a good
practice to require as little as possible from the clients, but is
80x25 a limit that anyone is facing anymore?

I guess new limits come with pocket computers, mobile telephones, and
whatever means people read their mail with these days.

So, a better argument for wrapping lines at 72 chars would perhaps be
that it make the text easier to read (even if you have real screen
estate that could handle a lot more).

--
Note that I use Debian version 3.0
Linux emac140 2.4.17 #1 sön feb 10 20:21:22 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Hans Ekbrand