Re: Fonts and XFree86

On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 07:36, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> I don't have them either and it works wonderfully. However (again) I'm running
> 4.2.0, but that shouldn't matter all too much since they didn't change that
> part of the system AFAIK. I had 4.1.0 running before and I don't remember
> those modules.
>
> Dumb idea: is the Module secion before or after the Files section? I don't
> know if this matters, but originally it's before.

Anything's worth a shot at this point.  Unfortunately, changing the
order had no effect.

But I've now discovered that something funky is going on.

Under Openoffice, the truetype fonts are available.  They aren't
available anywhere else I've found.  I'm running KDE 2.  The fonts
aren't available under the ControlCenter.  They don't show up in kword,
konsole, or any other place I've checked.  I created a document in
Openoffice using various fonts and they display and print just fine.
Saving the document and reopening it in kword, the fonts all show up as
Utopian.

It appears that the problem isn't with XFree86 but perhaps with KDE?