Re: Directory sizes in mc

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 12:35:17PM -0300, Daniel Toffetti wrote:
> Of course I don't need it to be done with mc, if you know of any other
> ways to get an easy glimpse of disk space usage I'm interested also.

How about (as root):

    du / | sort -n > some.file

And then loading some.file in Your Favorite Editor? Works great for me,
and will tell me where pruning can make the biggest difference. You can
then do nice things with grep as well.

--
Note that I use Debian version 3.0
Linux mus 2.4.17mvz4 #1 Fri Mar 15 23:30:15 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Matijs van Zuijlen

    ... designed to fill holes or cracks of not more than two cubic vims.
			    -- Robert Sheckley, Untouched by Human Hands