Re: Directory sizes in mc

I had never bothered with this until I saw your note.  I notice the
following items:

1. As soon as you enter a directory, the display reverts to the
standard.

2. There is no entry in ~/.mc/ini that remotely resembles a
directory display style.

3. When you use it, there is a certain amount of disk thrashing.

It occurs to me that mc probably calls df or another routine.  Since
there is activity going on all the time, having this feature built in
would use a significant amount of system resources.  I will bet that
when you invoke it, you get a snapshot.  Having thought about this, I
think that were I designing mc myself, I would not build in an option
such as you are requesting.  Nothing would ever get done.

Cheers

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.