Re: good choice of network card?

Scott Henson wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 15:13, Alex Hunsley wrote:
> <snip>
> > Thanks for this useful info!
> > How did you set the IRQ for the card? The 3c90xcfg.exe (dos config util)
>
> His mobo had the different pci slots hard coded to IRQs so I just moved
> the sound card.
>
> > doesn't let me change the IRQ, just see what it is currently...
> > it was on IRQ10, so I set the bios to claim IRQ10 as ISA not PCI. Now the card
> > has been put on IRQ12, and it's not crashed yet!
> >
> > General question: under debian, can I find out what IRQs are assigned to what
> > devices?
>
> cat /proc/interrupts

Thanks.
My irqs show as follows:

           CPU0
  0:    1556068          XT-PIC  timer
  1:         18          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 12:    3007250          XT-PIC  eth0, PS/2 Mouse
 13:          1          XT-PIC  fpu
 14:    5518556          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0

should I worry about eth0 sharing an IRQ with the mouse? Currently I'm using
console mode solely, but might install x....

lex