Re: good choice of network card?

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 06:46, Alex Hunsley wrote:

> Vineet Kumar wrote:
> >
> > * Alex Hunsley (lard@tardis.ed.ac.uk) [020513 17:08]:
> > > Btw Tom, which driver are you using for that 3c905C-TX?
> >
> > You should use the (unfortunately named) 3c59x.o for the 3c905 vortex
> > series cards. More info in the kernel docs
> > Documentation/networking/vortex.txt
> >
> > good times,
> > Vineet
>
> That's the driver I'm using at the moment.... I may try the driver from 3com
> that Tom mentioned, since I'm having no luck at the moment...
>
> thanks
> alex
My friend was having a problem with a 3com 3c905C-TXM which is the same
card I have and mine was working just fine.  I came to the conclusion
that the interrupt handler on the card was fried.  Basically it was
sharing an interrupt with the sound card and when ever the sound card
was used, the network card would die and he would have to restart to get
it back.  I moved the sound card to a different interrupt and the
network card has worked fine ever since.  Now my card is also on a
shared interrupt, so Im just assuming the card was defective(he got it
used).  Maybe you are having a similar problem with a defective card.

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."