Re: good choice of network card?

On  0, Alex Hunsley <lard@tardis.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> I'm going to buy a new network card for my machine (running Debian potato
> 2.2r6).
>
> Are there any net cards with a good reputation for stability and ease of
> install (i.e. not having to compile my own driver would be a plus)?

My 3com 3c905C-TX works great, but cost AU$190.

I have also had some interesting experiences with a card which claimed
to be an Intel EtherExpress 10/100 card, but which actually seems to
be an on-board clone.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

Classifications of inanimate objects:  Those that don't work, those that break down, and those that get lost.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au