Re: Red Hat user shopping around

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 10:24:39PM -0500, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
| On Wed, 8 May 2002 19:09:13 -0500
| "Glen Lee Edwards" <Glen@fcwm.org> wrote:

| > What are the main differences between Debian and Red Hat (I'm assuming
| > there are a few current or ex-Red Hat users here)?
|
| The main thing that struck me on the move are that some of the
| configuration files are "automagically" updated (modules.conf for example)
| and if you make changes to them directly you can end up losing those
| changes.

Yes, with good reason too :-).  That's why you'll want to ask
"stupid"[1] questions on this list -- so that you can have the design
explained and reduce the amount of banging against a wall your head
does.

-D

[1]  "stupid" in quotes because the question only feels stupid, but
     really isn't :-)

--

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,
and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.