Re: starting a Debian based company..

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 08:44:09PM -0700, faisal gillani wrote:
| Well i wana start a company here in pakistan giving
| out network salutions to the corporate companies ..
| mainly because corporate companies mostly uses M$
| solutions here .. so i was thinking as pakistan is a
| developing country & M$ salution are very expensive
| here .. so companies should benift here ..

Cool.  That sounds like fun :-).

| i wanted to clear one thing is Debian & other GNU
| softwares free for this use ?

Yep.  That's the whole idea of Free -- we can't restrict your usage
and redistribution of the software.  The only restriction is that you
can't hide a derivative work.  That is, you can't take the source code
we have given for free, change it a little, and then not make those
changed available.  You're still free to charge money for it, as long
as the changes are also Freely available.

| if i can how do i register myself with Debian ?

AFAIK there is no registry :-).  You can subscribe to the mailling
lists that interest you and simply participate in the project.

Good luck in your ventures!
-D

--

Windows, hmmm, does it come with a GUI interface that works or just
pretty blue screens?