Re: Red Hat user shopping around

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 10:24:39PM -0500, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
( ... )
> The main thing that struck me on the move are that some of the
> configuration files are "automagically" updated (modules.conf for example)
> and if you make changes to them directly you can end up losing those
> changes.

I agree that things like update-modules and update-menus seem complicated at the beginning. But now I find them very useful and well-designed. Many changes are indeed done "automagically" (e. g. on installing a new package) but you can also make changes "by hand" if you know how.

Regards, Joachim

--
Joachim Fahnenmüller
Lehrer für Mathematik und Physik