Re: Malformed mail headers -- missing linefeeds?

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 10:15:59AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> I'm seeing malformed mail headers today.  Just ran an apt-get
> dist-upgrade on unstable, not sure if that relates.
>
> I'm seeing the 'Date' header appended with whatever header follows it
> immediately.  In this case it's the 'From' header.  Missing subject
> lines are also noted:
>
>     Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:01:00 +0100From: Patrick Kirk <patrick@kirks.net>
>     To: Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>,
> 	    Debian User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
>     Subject: Re: Spamassassin tests help please
>
> Processing here is:
>
>    ISP's pop server (Netcom/Earthlink) => fetchmail => exim => procmail
>    => spamassassin => folder.
>
> ...I'm a bit suspicious of spamassassin or Earthlink.
>
> I am *not* using the stripcr option in fetchmail.
>
> Anyone else seeing similar?
>
> Peace.

Yes.  I thought it was just a glitch with yahoo groups, though.
Here's a sample:

Date: 26 Apr 2002 10:58:41 -0000From: zope@yahoogroups.com
To: zope@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [zope] Digest Number 2807
From:

Hmm... that's two From: fields.

I just noticed this on a couple of mails from this group because they
didn't get dumped in the proper box automatically. Most of my mail
looks fines.

I use
earthlink -> fetchmail -> exim -> local script -> mutt mbox

I am on woody and have not upgraded for a few days.  So perhaps it's
earthlink.