Re: Malformed mail headers -- missing linefeeds?

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 03:58:05PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:

| Yes.  I thought it was just a glitch with yahoo groups, though.
| Here's a sample:

| Date: 26 Apr 2002 10:58:41 -0000From: zope@yahoogroups.com
| To: zope@yahoogroups.com
| Subject: [zope] Digest Number 2807
|
| Hmm... that's two From: fields.

Nope, only one.  The "first" From: field is just part of the data part
of your (now malformed) Date: field.

The "second" one is inserted by exim (using the envelope sender for
data) when it delivers a message if no From: header exists.

| I just noticed this on a couple of mails from this group because they
| didn't get dumped in the proper box automatically.

Use $h_List-Post: to identify list mail.  It's much more reliable.

| Most of my mail looks fines.
|
| I use
| earthlink -> fetchmail -> exim -> local script -> mutt mbox
|
| I am on woody and have not upgraded for a few days.  So perhaps it's
| earthlink.

Do you have spamassassin in the picture at all?

-D

--

Stay away from a foolish man,
for you will not find knowledge on his lips.