Re: Malformed mail headers -- missing linefeeds?

on Fri, Apr 26, 2002, dman (dman@dman.ddts.net) wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 10:15:59AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> | I'm seeing malformed mail headers today.  Just ran an apt-get
> | dist-upgrade on unstable, not sure if that relates.
> |
> | I'm seeing the 'Date' header appended with whatever header follows it
> | immediately.  In this case it's the 'From' header.  Missing subject
> | lines are also noted:
> |
> |     Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:01:00 +0100From: Patrick Kirk <patrick@kirks.net>
> |     To: Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>,
> | 	    Debian User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> |     Subject: Re: Spamassassin tests help please
> |
> | Processing here is:
> |
> |    ISP's pop server (Netcom/Earthlink) => fetchmail => exim => procmail
> |    => spamassassin => folder.
>
> Why not let procmail do the delivery instead of SA?
>
> | ...I'm a bit suspicious of spamassassin or Earthlink.
>
> I'm suspicious of SA anytime someone has that doing delivery.

Technically, it's not.

I filter mail through spamassassin, and I know it does header rewrites.
Delivery is actually by procmail.  A better flow:

Earthlink => fetchmail => procmail => spamassassin => procmail => maildir

Peace.

   Reading is a right, not a feature
     -- Kathryn Myronuk                           http://www.freesklyarov.org