Re: how to get debconf or whoever to leave my ntp.conf alone

begin  Dimitri Maziuk quotation:

> > > *Boggle* Which part of "USER SHOULD BE ABLE TO MARK PARTS OF
> > > HIS SYSTEM AS ``MAINTAINERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO FUCK WITH THIS
> > > NO MATTER WHAT''" do you still not understand?
> >
> > man chattr
>
> Search list archives for my replies to "my XF86Config-4 is hosed"
> messages (there's more than one).

BS.  You complained that users couldn't do something.  I told you where
to find the information about how to do it.

I couldn't conceivably care less what you told somebody else about why
there needs to be a way to do this, because there IS A WAY TO DO IT.

Use it or get over it.

--
Shawn McMahon                    | McMahon's Laws of Linux support:
http://www.eiv.com               | 1) There's more than one way to do it