Re: how to get debconf or whoever to leave my ntp.conf alone

* Shawn McMahon (smcmahon@eiv.com) spake thusly:
> begin  Dimitri Maziuk quotation:

> > > man chattr
> >
> > Search list archives for my replies to "my XF86Config-4 is hosed"
> > messages (there's more than one).
>
> BS.  You complained that users couldn't do something.  I told you where
> to find the information about how to do it.
>
> I couldn't conceivably care less what you told somebody else about why
> there needs to be a way to do this, because there IS A WAY TO DO IT.
>
> Use it or get over it.

Had you bothered to pull your head out of your ass and actually check
the archives, you'd find that I'm not only aware of existence and uses
of chattr, but I've also recommended its use more than once to those
whose XF86Config-4 got hosed by xserver upgrade.

And if you had a semblance of clue you'd know that chattr is not a
generic solution, as it is not available on all supported filesystems.

Gott-in-freakin'-himmel, are there any people with IQ over 40 on this list?

Dima
--
The wombat is a mixture of chalk and clay used for respiration.      -- MegaHal