Re: Q's on backup to CD-R

At 10:26 AM 4/24/02 +0200, you wrote:
Ross Boylan wrote:

> I'm trying to do a fairly comprehensive system backup to CD-R.  The
> amount I have to backup is much larger than the free space on the
> system, which in turn is larger than a CD-R.

Just a thought -- I have heard that CD-Rs have a 1-bit per 100kB error
rate
in 1 year.  What that means is that in your typical 1-Meg program,
backed up to CD-R, you're not going to be able to use it after about a
year.

I've heard that CDR is pretty reliable; the error rate you describe would make it almost useless. Can anyone confirm or deny this?